By Dominick Delgadillo
Photos by Lilly Vranova
Florent Bee, 22 Biology Major
“I would rate him five because so far I haven’t seen anything that would make me give him a better number.”
- Amanda Rittenhouse, 49 Women’s Health Instructor
“I’d put him at about an eight right now. I think the fact that he’s challenging the divisiveness of the Republicans and the Democrats is making a big difference, so it’s getting better.”
Anthony Henderson, 20 Undeclared “Probably an eight: Everything about his campaign screams, ‘right idea, wrong time.’ He’s young. I don’t question that he’s very good at what he does, but I think if he had more experience, he could do better.”
Michael Knight, 22 Audio Science Major “Probably a seven: His agenda seems very sincere. I do believe he rushed into it. I think that people expected to see results immediately, but the reality is that, for what he’s trying to do, you can’t really get results just like that.”
- Samira Ali, 47 Electrocardiogram Technician Major
“Probably seven: The country’s in a mess. However, there are things he promised knowing that, like universal health coverage. But he’s hesitating and taking his time on it. But when I say seven, he’s helping out — like by creating jobs.”
- Patricia Melodia, 46 Electrocardiogram Technician Major
“A four: I don’t think he’s done anything. He’s getting credit, and he hasn’t accomplished anything. I didn’t like him as a candidate.”
- Rabiah Harrison, 30 Mechanical Engineering Major
“I will give him a seven. For one thing, it’s only been a year. The health care thing is a fiasco. I think he needs to put his foot down a little more and stop pandering to the G.O.P. I want him to be more like the Obama he was when he campaigned.”
- On The Record: What was the defining moment of the past decade?
- On The Record: Have you kept up with your new year’s resolution?
- On The Record: Students’ position on US Health Care
- On the Record: If City College decides not to offer summer classes, how would that effect you?
- On the Record: Do you think City College should become a smoke free campus?