For more photos, visit us on Facebook: The Guardsman
By Shane Menez
Mark Twain once said, “The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco.” However, the sky was clear and sunny as tens of thousands celebrated the 42nd annual San Francisco Pride Parade on June 24. The two mile route started from The Embarcadero and ended at the Civic Center. The parade showcased a diverse range of participants, including local politicians, Google, comedian Sarah Silverman, religious organizations and Occupy San Francisco. “Global Equality” was the official theme of this year’s pride celebration.
- On the road again: biking to work and school
- Pro-life supporters gather for “Walk For Life”; Face pro-choice opposition downtown
- 5 Murders Near Ocean Campus
- New York state gay marriage law energizes SF pride parade; City officials join in
- Pride flag flies at City Hall, kicking off summer pride events